PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunexpress seeks 20 DEC B737NG
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 10:13
bear11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some friends working there, and they point out quite reasonably that these figures are NET of tax, so the pay is as good or in many cases better than Europe IF they could get a job here. Plus, for contractors Istanbul isn't as far away as India or China, and you get paid in Euro. If you take an Indian or Chinese contract salary at the current Dollar, it's about the same and a whole pile closer to home.

Not to say it's the best thing since sliced bread - and I know we should all have 10K minimum a month plus paid manservants to carry our flight bags, but aren't we over-reacting just a tad?

I suspect as captplaystation says the issue for SunExpress is they want you to pay and do the DLR test when the other Turkish 737 operators don't. Apart from the test cost, it wouldn't be nice for masters of the sky to find out they don't pass Lufty standards (very high failure rates) and not get a job at the same time, better to stay unsuitable but happy in your ignorance and fly for one of the other outfits.