PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Overrun in Darwin - CASA Report a Slamming Indictment on both VB and Crew
Old 16th Jul 2002, 00:52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scooter - this report was apparently an in-house report and not CASA as stated.
A little sensationalistic perhaps but the facts were there and hit a raw nerve with the troops obviously.
The report was also fairly closely scrutinised by CASA after a recent Qld based CASA audit.
I believe the BNE office audit is now being repeated (as a consequence of criticism from head office) with a Canberra CASA audit which will be rather thorough.

The only complaint I hear from VB pilots is the fact that a certain pilot does alot of ferry flights from the USA and no one is game to question this because of who the pilot is related to.
(And I thought Qantas pioneered nepotism!).
Looks like nobody is willing to speak up for fear of rocking the boat not to mention other repercussions which is very sad indeed.
The other complaint is certain F/O's who are rather inexperienced (with only a few hundred jet hours) talking about their impending upgrade like its a god-given right.

Some of the ex HK VB Capts are also dissatisfied at having to work too hard for what they described was not alot of pay.
As I told them if they dont like it...................

Looks like some things never change no matter what the airline.