PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to build up hours as PIC?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 08:18
Rammstein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Sloppy

Sometimes reasons are beyond the standard and the situation you are discribing might be true for many others, but for sure not for everybody.

Or to put it differently. I had been in command before joining my company. I meanwhile have been through some assessments, and all had been very satisfied with my performance, my knowledge and my CRM. A psychologist told me after aptitude and psychological testing he doesn't understand why my company doesn't promote me to captain.

So take a guess, what the reasons might be. Ever heard of mobbing? Not? Your lucky. And guess what my prospect will be in that company! None? Wow, I guess your right.

My main problem remains the 500h PIC on type. Not the nearly 9000h on jet or the 5000h 737. So nothing about "unexperienced FO".

An important competence for being in command is decision-making. And that will be my decision, if there won't be a different possibility!

But maybe you were just lacking some important pieces of information to come up with your not-so-right opinion.

Please be so kind to give me a hint on what to do, not on what not to do!