PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK dispatcher license
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 05:33
PNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sig and Boredcounter

Both of you are right I guess. What I was trying to do was asssit the individual that started the topic to have something credible, be it dispatcher experience or a rating, that will get them employed, if that is what the really want to do.

I can tell you that Jeppesen goes around with their FAA syllabus passing it off like the FAA Certificate / Rating that it is not... even most of the instructors outside the U.S. do not have the FAA ratings of any kind, Jeppesen just manages to get the government of the UAE, Malaysia, etc. to agree to thier material, with about 2 hours of aviation law slides amended a bit, but the quality of the instruction and what the indvidual gets, in my opinion, is highly questionable considering the price that they must pay.

The Jeppesen web site still advertises that their Dispatcher course in Singapore, for example, is CAAS approved when the CAAS does not require any approval and any such previous approval expired a while ago. Where is the honesty there anyway, with a Boeing Company no less???

Employers know all this... but not the clients who are mostly from the third world who spent their life savings on such programs. Sad is the state of our industry... very sad indeed just to make a buck. Thanks!