PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unnecessary first officer...
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2010, 22:46
767200ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with ryan is not p2f, but the brookfield fraud. It is not paying to fly, but flying for less than standard (no vacations, etc...).
I'm not picking a fight here, just responding to facts, Standard is relative, ryanair's business model is no perks/extras, that what keeps their costs down and so they can offer low fares, that is true across the board from passengers to crew, i wouldn't frown on a contract just because i have to buy my own uniform and bottled water on the aeropane, they pay you enough to cover those expenses. And at this moment in time i don't know anybody else who will offer someone fresh out of flightschool an RHS in a brand new 737-800.

What is really wrong is when money bypasses selection so that better, more talented people cannot get a first job, while rich guys, good or bad,
This is not the case, the selection criteria is very stringent even before they call you for an interview, out of the thousands that apply, assesment days rarely have more than 10 cadets, some as few as 3. And from those some will still not be good enough to meet their standard, regardless of financial ability. Just because you can pay for the rating doesn't automatically mean you will get in, if you are a bad pilot, rich or poor, you will not get in. Not the other way round, Skill first, money second.

It is not illegal to fly transport airlines with a single pilot crew if the airplane is certified for that purpose, or is it?
It is illegal under normal circumstances i.e barring crew incapacitation to operate any aircraft certified as a multipilot aircraft, with anything less than its stipulated crew compliment.

I wonder if airbus or boeing have studied the matter of having their new or even old models certified for just one man in the deck.
Lets not shake the cage :P

Regards