PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unnecessary first officer...
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2010, 19:37
767200ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do people still refer to ryanair as p2f? you don't pay for a number of hours on the jet. you self sponsor your type rating, and get a job, then you are paid (very well) to fly their aeroplanes. You can't tar it with the same brush as eaglejet et al. This has snowballed into the status quo and every post involving the word "ryanair" has somebody somewhere barking "p2f." Paying for your TR with FR is not a gimmick, its part of their business model, which in turn allows them to keep hiring, which brings opportunity and develops pilots. They're highly unlikely to throw you out after a few hundred hours because someone else has their cheque book ready. This argument is getting old and is flawed. Ryanair is your best shot at a jet job in europe if you are good enough to join and even lucky enough to be called to assesment at the moment.
I'd rather get on with my career and start flying than sit on a forum cursing the airlines and those flying for them.

I digress, as far as this post goes they'll never get rid of the FO on the 737 or any other multi pilot aeroplane. It simply wouldn't be legal.