PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electra at CGN
Thread: Electra at CGN
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2002, 11:24
threestable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha, got a bit of spin going on this one! No, SBA not suggesting 2 crew types should be 3 crew, just giving an example of 'when sh!t happens, deviations from manufacturers intentions, specifications, or SOP's can be costly. Also highlighting what I previously termed your 'arrogance', or more accurately your general undermining of the third man, flt eng, whatever. What was his role on the Electra if the flask ran dry, or the coffee ran out? Please don't answer............

'It is not a situation I would ever like to be in, but I don't see that a third crew member would make any difference.
As for a windmill start without the services of an FE, I guess that it had never occurred to anyone at Atlantic that they might want a cup of coffee in the middle of this procedure!'

This attitude p!sses people off, or is that the intention? When you are not sounding off, you appear to be capable of logical debate.

Oh, before I go, Electra geezer, I quote:

'Over the decades, crew numbers in the flight deck have been reducing and flight safety has been improving. Statistically flying is safer now than it has ever been and the majority of aircraft in the skies have only two pilots on board. '

Over the decades, has not improvement in design, advancement in technology, and moderisaition of aircraft systems, all manifesting in the roll out of NEW TYPES, led to the demise of the flight eng, and made flying statistically safer?

Oh sorry, I forgot. After an extensive review some cbs were moved on the Electra, well that's alright then, I see what you mean ................!

I kid, 'parcheggio fatty!!'