PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2008 onwards) Part 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 10:36
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to Dere Hammers' post...Yes, this is a profession. Yes, paying for a type is flying for free. However, this is only a profession so long as we remain professional. From what I've read from some individuals such as yourself, you are not a professional. Do us a favor and consider your stint in aviation as an expensive hobby and leave the real flying to real pilots who maintain standards of decorum and professionalism both inside and outside the cockpit.
Oh, and let's all do ourselves a favor. If you have a commercial pilot certificate, you get paid to fly. You don't pay TO fly. A self-funded type rating is a shortcut that screws other pilots out of work to save the company a few bucks on their training costs. If you buy an airplane and start an airline, you need to pay to train pilots. Simple as that. I have 3 types and have never paid for any of them. The airplane I fly costs as much to fuel as my type rating. The company can afford it and needs to consider training as part of doing business...Nuff said.