PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Debenair Aviation Florida
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2001, 17:40
calypso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was there last month and did 200hrs. It is a good place and I recomend it. My target was 200hrs in one month and this I managed to achieve despite Sep 11. I was lucky in that I have an IR (all VFR was closed for over 2 weeks) but it was flying flat out every day. The school is well run and they try to adapt to your needs. The aircraft are not new but they do get maintained and offer unbeatable vaue.

Florida ATC is superb and a breath of fresh air. They are very acomodating and very rarely get ruffled despite getting really busy. I only wish that where I fly normally they where half as professional or aware that they are there to help. On my first day over there I requested politely to do a simulated IFR approach to a busy airport, the response: 'we are here to help sir' Wow!

I also did an extended X-country trip (to Vegas) and that great fun. You do not get 100% of your fuel cost back but you can research a cheap fuel route through airnav.com. Paying for part of the fuel will also sharpen your efficient flying skills and get you to study all those altitude wind charts.... I also kept costs down by camping in small airfields. Permission is usually granted. On Sep 18th I did however run into an 8 car FBI team one remarcable night in a small strip in Alabama, but that is a different story.

Enjoy.

Calypso