PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sad end to the RNZAF
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2002, 06:07
jungly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tears to the eyes

I think you will find that for a period about 6 weeks ago there were no Iroquois also! Yrs of Govt incompetence have cuased this....... b'jesus, how many life of type studies do these people need, when the facts are there everyday. Your people may be brilliant but you kit is old physically and outdated technologically. You have no place on the modern battlefield. Given your servicability probs, I suggest you have no place in you chosen role of 'peacekeeping handliman'

I was at meeting several years ago in Bosnia, where the NZ Army was described by a 2/3 star British General as "a liability to UN operations". Seems the airforce now suffers the same fate.

From the article, I note that the anti-military Labour Govt, after axing the skyhawks has decided that the priority for replacement is the PMs corporate jet fleet!

I think Ethiopea, Ghana et al have similar defence policies.

Its hard to believe how low morale must be. How many kickings can you take. I bet you dont boast about being in the NZ airforce down at the pub.....

Dont you still fly the Bell47 too?....Oh the humanity!

On the flip saide I do remember a kiwi Herc landing at Middle Wallop some years back....and apart from ploughing a nice furrow in the mud...the off-loaded a shed load of steinlarger, a barbeque and some sheep (for cooking....they maybe kiwis but they are not welsh).

So maybe the govt should look at that as a policy. We loved it.