PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Airmanship
Thread: Bad Airmanship
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2010, 20:32
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAe146s Make Me Cry writes:

Is the pressure that great on some crew to NOT write snags (stoppers) in the Techlog? Are some misguided into thinking they are 'helping' their employer?
The CIAIAC reported, that the airplane already had encountered difficulties extending the flaps in two flights earlier the day, a flapless landing had to be performed into Valladolid. The airline had no own ground engineers in Valladolid.
Apparently so.

I wonder what the insurers are going to say about this course of events.

Neptunus Rex writes:

Rottenray
Can't you count? "Too Low Flap" is three syllables
"Too Low Landing Gear" is five!
in response to

Neptunus Rex writes:

Why not change the warnings to: "Too Low, Flap" and "Too Low, Landing Gear." The disparate number of syllables should then alert the ICAO Level 2 English speaker to the imminent danger!
Remember, ICAO Level 4 is only a requirement for international flights.

I wonder if this would have helped - seems all the gear warnings are indeed the same # of syllables.
Let's see... You suggested "Too Low Landing Gear" and I remarked that all the current warnings are the same number of syllables, thus agreeing with you.

Good suggestion, although now that I'm counting syllables "too low landing gear" has the same # of syllables as "too low minimums."

There is of course a smart alek remark one might make about another's ability to read with comprehension, but I'm sure it was just an oversight...