PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - scroggs, www, you say only 30% of wannabes make it!
Old 5th Sep 2001, 19:09
NewBloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit the statistics given by Scroggs in one particular thread (Can't remember which one now !!!) - something on the lines of "..about 70% of wannabes not getting their ideal job.." - did make me a tad flatulent !! Obviously employment opportunities are dependent on the present commercial climate etc - but are the odds really this bad guys ? Does this primarily include guys who simply surrender after said amout of years of trying ? Or is it largely guys who are simply not up to standard and un-employable, even though they have obtained CPL/IR frozen ATPL and thousands of hours ? I don't want to start a "Just because you have the qualifications doesn't mean you have a right to a job" debate, just curious that's all. Makes you wonder how many guys read this site that have never had a break or have quit completely. Sorry ST if I have nicked your thread - didn't mean to, only wanted to add to it !!!!

NB.