PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Airbus Pilots
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2010, 11:20
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok fine CO, I agree that my posts could be perceived to be taking a shot at the CRS guys, but that was not my intent and I thought that was clear. I concede though how you and perhaps others, might have perceived it differently. My apologies.

The analyzer considers you as the top bidding person when it spouts out the results. Of course, when I see 30 NCE flights at the top of the analyzer in the summer, I realize there is little chance I will be awarded those trips. But when I see 500 prefered trips at the top of the analyzer and I received NONE of them in my top bid month, let alone the top 2 months, then there is something wrong!

Just because some pilots make errors I don't think the rest of us should be lumped into that category. I guess the one thing that somewhat annoys me is what I perceive to be an over-eagerness to defend a system that clearly is not be utilized as it was designed.

The big frickin M, and the added page showing why the system awarded our rosters would answer 9 out of 10 queries directed to the CRS guys. It would also be a learning tool which is far superior to the learning experienced when someone gets irate over their awarded roster (which may be justified or due to an error on their part). Institute these two 'free' functions and the only requirement would be a 2 hour initial training course how the system operates.

Yes, I realize that the company will not do this, because it would categorically prove they are manipulating the system!