PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indians better than Britons in English
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2010, 05:37
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt APache does not represent a mainstream view. His comments are his opinion only

First off

It is Apache's opinion and he is entitled to it. No matter how much we all disagree with him, that is still the beauty of a Democracy ANYWHERE in the world.

That said, I am entitled to my opinion on his opinion.

He is obviously frustrated, ill informed and living in medieval times. One would have thought an aviator who crosses international boundries more regularly than anyone else, has an opportunity to interact with different cultures on a daily basis would be more open minded. I for one just love interacting with different cultures and nationalities and learning more.

I agree with Jimmy 100% when he and I qoute says "The average Indian doesn't stand a chance of appearance in highly stratified Indian society."

India has 1.2 billion people so if 34% make it what about the rest? Living in abject poverty, thrown out and shamed for scoring less. I am sure if there were a billion Germans/Japaneses, then NASA might have been a different place.

Capt look at the changing times. The Education minister of India has woken up to the reality that the mugging system is not inclusive and does not give a wider demographic a chance. The much haloed 10 + 2 is going to be a thing of the past as India moves to a closer system of global education.

Capt you ask if one has heard of Infosys, TATA and Wipro, Let me tell you Microsoft, Boeing, and SIEMENS do not need to even ask such questions.

Lets be frank, India is not the best and the US has worked hard to reach where they are today as have Europe, and the rest of Asia. This does not mean that someday India cannot be there. Hopefully it will. However with attitude like yours and chest thumping like you seem to be doing on this forum, we will need at least 20 more Jimmy Gill kinda guys to undo some of you spill.

My Opinion: Majority of Indians do not subscribe to this thought process and the ones that do are entitled to voice their opinion in a peaceful manner which do not infringe on the rights of all others.

I still stand by the comment it all lies in the education system one is brought up in and has nothing to do with ethnicity! 2nd generation Indian origin people around the world are so different in their thoughts then the average Comman man in India