PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indians better than Britons in English
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2010, 04:22
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy, I have been reading this thread and thought I will not get involved in this thread but the ignorance that Apache shows here is appalling. It also portrays that most Indian Aviators think like him, which is not the case I am afraid.

Most pilots and ATCO's I know are striving for change and improving themselves. In my company, we are offered accent reduction courses so that we do not sound like Abu from Simpsons. I think our major problem is the rate at which we speak at rather than accent. I remember when I first flew in JFK airspace, the NY accent wasn't the easiest to understand but they did speak S L O W L Y.

In India, we have more modern ATC radars than most of the US cities but they are not put to use here. Those of you who fly in CCU know how bad it is when the ATC ask you to slow to minimum approach speed when you are on 30 mile final, if quarried they will ask you to maintain minimum clean speed (do ATC not realize that every aircrafts min clean is different and they'd be better off giving specific speeds to follow.)

It does not matter how many PhD's we Indians have or how many scholars are working abroad. As far as aviation is concerned, we are dealing with people who are already working here. May be it is time to start sending ATCOs from India on deputation to other countries, or perhaps some expat ATCs can be employed to teach the current lot.

Apache I am sure you are one of the pilots who like to "Confirm" every transmission in Indian airspace. If in doubt by all means confirm but confirming every single transmission is insane.

My suggestion to all let us stop answering Apache and the thread will die its own death soon.