PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Airmanship
Thread: Bad Airmanship
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 10:40
40&80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep ..I remember reading with horror about that Non prevision/non full procedure/modified by the crew to a straight in approach accident.
Correct me if I am wrong but was it not a long haul crew asked to do a ultra short empty positioning flight after a long haul day/night?
The all American crew on this flight and the all American crew of the AA B767
accident who also decided to modify a full procedure Non Precision approach into an attempted straight approach accident...
Plus the GF 320 Airbus accident which had 3 Arabic pilots in the cockpit also attempted to modify a full Non precision approach into a straight in accident all goes to prove the aircraft is no respect-or of nationalities and an unhurried full
procedures Non precision approach flown according to the approach plate can keep pilots out of a lot of trouble...and aircraft warnings and ATC high workload confusions largely avoided.
This gear up/ flap less incident picture reminds me of a Dan Air Comet that I saw at Newcastle similarly configured...I was told 22 qualified Comet pilots and the CAA pilots were on that "training flight". Fate is the hunter.