PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Airbus Pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 05:34
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never stated or even implied blame upon the CRS boys!

And yes I have looked at which fleets they are on, because that is quite obviously a huge difference at EK and I have talked to them as have most pilots here.

I also know the system extremely well although admittedly they are privy to more information than the rest of us.

If the system is so transparent and honest, then explain the following to me. 1- Why doesn't our published roster spit out the exact results of why it was awarded in such a manner? Not only would that be a great learning experience for all of us, but it would clearly show when the system is not being utilized in the manner it was designed. 2- Why hasn't the company enabled the function that displays a big fricken M, when a pairing has been manually inserted?

Both of those functions are part of the STANDARD package for this bidding system, not an added feature, not an extra cost, so pls explain why Emirates has disabled those functions!

I never pointed the finger in any direction......... other than directly at the company! I an not even pissed off that one of these guys got the same number of OFF DAYS in one month as I got in 2 months and averages well above his fleet specific average for days off, or the fact that he has had 3 Leave Periods in the time frame since my last Leave period or that they typically do about 75% of my work schedule. Good for them IMHO! But I am pissed off that the system is being manipulated by the company.

I would just appreciate if these guys would acknowledge the fact that they have placed themselves in an enviable position compared to other Line pilots. Simple as that! And yes, I do envy them but I don't hold it against them, they were smart to take advantage of things and besides, 2 guys getting a better roster each month has almost zero impact on me.

But take into account the myriad of OTHER pilots who get preferential treatment and then it starts to add up. Locals for example (some anyhow), definitely get preferentail treatment and that does not even take into account that they have a much higher sick-rate for lousy trips.

If the bidding system ever becomes transparent and is used according to its underlying principles, then I will drop the subject. But we all know that will NEVER occur.

ps. my expectations couldn't be much lower now, so that 'tip' of yours won't work.