PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Airbus Pilots
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 18:07
Craic Ore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mensa,

I HUGELY think you're barking up the wrong tree here. For starters, have you looked at the fleet they're on? I know one is 77, so that would be a reason for a decent sched most months. Also, have you thought about the fact that they know the system inside out, could be a just reason for better bids than you and me?

I've gone to them for answers about certain roster "queries" and they've always been frank about how and why things got messed up. The files that CRS spit out with the rosters explain how it arrived at what it did and they can decipher from that and give you a reasoned response. Try talking to them sometime.

I think a big part of it is the line pilots are hanging onto two things: 1. What their rosters were with the old bidding system when the airline was a lot smaller and more stable (ie. management decisions pre AAR) 2. Guys expect too much in their bottom bids, even running into middle bid.

If you're on the airbus, good luck with anything. Training takes a large portion of the good flights, or enough to severly limit choices for the line guys. And don't even get me stared on the restrictions the company has built into the CRS program. It's useless on it's own with what they've done to it.

What I'm getting at is I think you're pointing the finger the wrong way. Your crap rosters are directly attributable to management and their poor planning of this airline. Too few pilots, too many bidding restrictions and too high of expectations of bidding outcomes. Once you do what I did - lower my expectations and ask the CRS guys lots of questions, you'll soon get more out bidding than less. Try it, it might work out!

(unless you're 330/340, then good luck!)

CO

PS. Might want to check the pre-assigned trips for these guys, I think it's one a month, not two; same as all the other ground jobs like recruitment, etc.