PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Airbus Pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2010, 14:37
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the system failing us? No kidding!

As for the CRS boys, kuddos to them for finding such a nice little slot in life.

I have compared my roster to theirs for the past year and the difference is unbelievable. They get two pre-assigned pairings a month (their own choice) and apparently...... LEAVE whenever they choose. So don't be too grateful towards the two individuals who average..... one CRS training day (6 hours) each month and it is ROSTERED!

Sadly, they are all too eager to express the company mantra that our rosters are NOT manipulated in any way. If you are on EKallPlilots, then you probably have read some of the self-serving retorts from the CRS BID HELP pilots.

I mean come on!! The system is simple and if you are in doubt, or even NOT in doubt about your bidding abilities, run the analyzer and it should give a relatively good idea of your next month. Unfortunately, the analyzer has little to do with reality.

I don't blame these 2 guys for taking advantage of the situation, but I do have a problem with the fact that they are not honest with us...... THEIR COLLEAGUES..... regarding the company manipulation of our rosters. I would hold them in higher esteem if not for the fact that they have found a niche in life and have become all to eager to BS us, their colleagues ... about how CRS is being utilized.

Their fallback line is always,''you must have bid incorrectly''. What a load of crap! I bid my months and then punch out the analyzer and it shows me exactly what I should expect to receive based on my seniority. Yet when the roster is published, it bears little resemblance to what CRS should have assigned.

Damn, I would cheerfully answer FIVE HUNDRED emails queries a month to get those Rosters!! Hell, anyone could answer those emails if they had a 'Rostered' CRS BID HELP day on their already luxurious roster because rarely do pilots show up for CRS help on their day off to learn a system that should have been taught by the company in the first place!!

Gotta hand it to the CRS boys, they have found the one and only crack in the Emirates punitive rostering system (other than being in management).

How about just being honest with us though? ''Yeah sorry fellows, the system is not being used according to how it was designed, but I will do my best to help you out'' ?

Believe me, most EK pilots already know what a privileged position it is to be the CRS help dude, but if you consider the fact that you so are entrenched, and your priviliged rosters have little effect on the other 2500 pilots, you might realize is would be wise to stop spouting the company BS.

Last edited by mensaboy; 29th Mar 2010 at 05:17.