PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 23:56
SpreadEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teen pilot, as you can see I don't often chip in with a comment but

Sponsorship is the most obvious option, or an integrated at Cabair
An integrated at Cabair is probably one of the most useless ways of getting a job. How do I know? I did it. Over a year later and can you guess how many times Cabair have rung me up or emailed me since I left, to let me know about contacts, job vacancies or to recomend me to airlines? They haven't even asked if I have employment yet.

Cabair are just an air school. They are a very good airschool and when you actually get into a plane once a month during your training, the tuition is of the highest quality. But once you have your license, you are on your own.

The main issue is that Cabair have no friends. None. They used to know a man at Kuwait airlines, but he is still annoyed that Cabair took longer than promised to train his pilots. They used to be friends with a chap at Flybe. But guess what? Yet again they failed to deliver sponsored pilots on time and now that chap is friends with the guys at Oxford. EasyJet like CTC, Thomas Cook like Jerez and Ryan Air like anyone with lots of money. BA hate everyone. (Until 2011 anyway).

If you can get sponsored then best of luck, you'll get a job after several months of being an airhostess after you qualify. But, you'd be better off spending your £60K on a fast car and some insurance than a self-sponsored scheme right now. In 5 years the car will still be of some value.