PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2008 onwards) Part 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 09:34
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, wasnt just meaning Maun, but was also refering to Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Uganda, Congo, Angola, Windhoek and Swakopmund all hire fresh 200hr CPL's. Obviously some companies don't for insurance reasons, but the chances are still out there.

The pilots hired this year in Maun:
Sefofane's pilots, 1 had 500hrs+, 2 had fresh cpl's, 1 I'm unsure of. New round of interviews, all have fresh cpl's
Delta Air, 1 pilot, wouldn't have had anymore than 300hrs
Mack Air, 2 fresh cpls's
Moremi Air, Unsure, I but both less than 500hrs (could be wrong)
Major Blue, 1 pilot, 1500hrs+
Kavango, 2 pilots currently working, fresh cpl's, 1 was hired and fired, with a fresh cpl
Safari Air, 5 pilots, 4 fresh cpls, 1 500hr

But of course, there was no low houred pilots hired this year. Just another bitter person who turned up for a week or so then left when he wasn't hired straight away.

Also please define how between 750-900hrs a year is not worthy? With the next year providing around 500hrs on a turbine?

The only country in Africa that I know of so far, that I know of that has a hour limitation on validation of foriegn licences is Zambia with 1000hrs.(And I stand to be corrected)
If you really want a job, take the time to do some research, turn up on their doorstep and ask. All you need to get is get off your ass. I did it, and I'm from NZ and knew nothing of the place.

(Although I do have Csanad's blog to thank since it gave me a majority of the leads to go and research)