PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The IPA at bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 01:05
Roomparty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys can I take this opportunity to cut straight to the chase here.
It does not matter one bit which organisation is representing its pilots, whether you are wearing around your scrawny neck an IPA id card holder or a BALPA one as in both cases it is our own pilots that are representing us....period!

Its all very well shouting about who has the biggest and shiniest office and who has the biggest budget, but how much of either have we seen at baby?

In the case of BALPA it is a fundimental failing of epic proportions that the council can enter into negotiations behind closed doors, fail or refuse to publish minutes of important meetings and then privately agree to measures that have a serious impact on the pilots that they are supposed to represent without balloting them.
We should all expect clarity and accountability from whoever is representing us in future.

I am sure that the BALPA CC have worked very hard in the past but sadly I feel that they have let themselves down by not following correct protocols that have sadly exposed them to allegations of impropriety.