PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amazing R/C Model Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2010, 22:21
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AE I hope that didn't sound too condescending it was just that I don't say much about my TOY plane background on Prune I've always said to others along the way though that flying TOY planes is harder than the real thing. Funny story: Many years ago after WW3 (Pilots dispute) & had a B737 skipper (who funnily enough was driving a taxi!!!!) joined our club & he was trying to teach himself to fly a model plane (sick of saying TOY now) Anyway the long shot of it was he was crashing more than flying & he was a Capt on a heavy transport jet! meant nothing actually:-) So I taught him to fly the model plane he had ( at first he has a mustang, hopeless as a trainer!) Took him ages to get the hang of it but eventually he got it & said sh1t flying the Boeing is a breeze (under normal circumstances that is) compared to this model plane stuff. I could give the controls to just about anyone in here who is a pilot & has never flown an model R/C plane before & 99% would crash within a few minutes if not seconds, funny to watch as I have done this many a time over the years with a training model It's a skill just like flying the real thing, Heli's are 100 fold!

Wmk2 now goes back to his hobby room:-)