PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2002, 18:05
Bucking Bronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the speedy response, I will have to research the Penta incident to ascertain your claim that the crew were not qualified but something I seriously doubt.

I think the MAN event has been aired enough and if you look at yours and Hand Solos views you are probably singing from the same sheet, just perhaps an error in choice of vocab.

WRT dehydration...quite possibly a commercial ploy by Highland Sprong but there are strict guidelines on what you can purport your product to deliver. Times have changed since you were a lad and Mr McDougal used to flog his amazing brain tonic (that cures all ailments) from his horse and cart.

Some independent websites to have a browse...

www.go.ednet.ns.ca/~larry/bsc/dehydrat.html
http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/med...icles/0140.htm

...when you have the time of course!

I think the topic starter and the rest of us Nigels have every right to air our views on this forum, don't worry the BA forum has equally fiery views. I believe that it is a valid thread as some pilots out there working for other airlines may be happy/unhappy at this time. The whole water spiel is just serving as an example of what we have to put with; in other companies it may be no soft toilet roll I don't know until they air their views here.

Thank you

Bronco

PS As for me I am also off to commit aviation for a few days and will keep myself hydrated and on top form.

Last edited by Bucking Bronco; 13th Jul 2002 at 18:21.