PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fedex DC10 stalls in holding pattern
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2010, 04:00
VONKLUFFEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
devil's advocate...

I might be called after my comment. But Im starting to ask myself why so many incidents and accidents to Fedex only? Many around the world fly the same types of aircraft , right? Are this pilots not well trained, tired ,fatigued, lack the necessary discipline the job demands? No PAX gives them the idea that they can do some stunts? Dont take me wrong but to many events in a very short period of time. Do some research of the last 10 years and you will be shocked.
I was not told, I saw it yesterday. A MD11 taking off ,probably half empty, no windshear or bad weather to avoid etc and after rotation I thought I was watching the space shuttle instead. Why fly the AC to its limits when is not necessary from a operational point of view? I may have a clue what was this take off all about because once I did the stupid maneuver. Low weight, flaps 15 , full thrust (26K) static T/O brake released and liftoff, literally. It was scary and DANGEROUS!
Again, just a thought not to nail anyone but to shift the attention to somewhere else and see if we can find some answers.