PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with everyone?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2010, 19:32
copywrite33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW and Mad Jock,

I really hope i get to fly with you one day, IF and WHEN, the industry picks up and i decide to train!
You 2 seem like the kind of guys that would make me a better pilot in the long run. You also seem like the kind of guys the would tell me where i up, give me the bollocking i deserve and a couple of hours later go to the bar and have a normal conversation. I hope i'm right?

Concorde,

Im a 23 yo wannabe and i'm not in the financial position to go to OAA on the integrated course. I want to be a pilot and i will do whatever i can to make that happen (possibly including removal of certain appendages if necessary) but i will do it with minimal debt hanging over me and with a career to fall back on for the 3-5 years it may take me to become a pilot. I don't take what people say on these forums seriously, they are posting for your own good. Think about what would happen if PPRUNE wasn't available for help and advice. In their own way WWW and Mad Jock are actually helping everyone, if you can't take criticism and a tongue lashing then don't become a Pilot and they will make people realise that, who otherwise may have gone and spent 100 grand to find it out too late.

I was at school in the last decade and the school i went to would never have dreamt of sugar coating the world, (i had my hand broken by my teacher for drumming on the table, some may say harsh but i never did it again!). The world is harsh and the truth sucks but GET OVER/ON WITH IT. You will either make it or you won't and if you cant take a little bit of criticism then move onto another career, maybe as a teacher? (Tongue in cheek - just before you think i am being rude).