PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The IPA at bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 21:24
Budar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SR71

At the point at which the company decided they were going to ride rough-shod over the MOA, despite protestations from the CC (BALPA or otherwise), assuming it was the IPA in the room, what would have been different?

Don't know but a former chairman of the CC might not of been present to seize the moment as an oportunity to push his own agenda (alledgedly)i.e. negating GDOJ

And the suggestion the IPA would have won a strike mandate is laughable in the extreme because the disgruntled minority are just that....a minority.

Seems that the minority is turning into a bit a more, with lots of colleauges I know leaving BALPA.

BALPA mitigated the fallout to such an extent that compulsory redundancies were avoided

Nothing to do with Ryanair and FlyDubai of course!!! Although the compulsory pay cut... sorry seasonal working helped!

This is a mess created by, IMHO, bmi HR

Who in other parts of the company i.e. mainline and regional acted completely differently with regard to seat, base and essentially LIFO!!
Did the Baby CC not liase with their counterparts in the other parts of company NO! why not?

Last edited by Budar; 22nd Mar 2010 at 22:14. Reason: spelling again!!