PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The IPA at bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 21:15
Looker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SR71

I think the number of disgruntled pilots at Baby must be close to 100%, nobody I speak to in the crewrooms thinks that life is perfect at the moment.

If your comment is aimed at the people who had the courage to ask the other pilots the straight forward question - 'would you support a change away from BALPA' - then the results from our website poll would demostrate quite clearly that we are not the minority.

We are not so naive to believe that changing to the IPA will guarantee a parting of the Red Sea or a Road to Damascus conversion for our Flt Ops Dir.
However, we can ensure that pilots are fully consulted, that a properly mandated agenda is drawn up and taken to the negotiating table and that pilots are kept informed.

We have an opportunity to change the way that Baby pilots are represented. That change seems to have resonated with my colleagues because they are backing the change and the IPA now have a majority.

The next interesting question is - will BALPA recognise they no longer represent the majority of Baby pilots and agree to stand down? Given their righteous stance at DHL one would hope so.

Looker