PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with everyone?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 21:08
Lt. Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure thing!

It's basically run between Cabair, that reputable training organisation and Bucks New University (not my first choice uni, but the only one to run this type of course at the time).

As quoted from the university:

"The degree in air transport is designed for those students who wish to obtain a recognised degree in air transport management with a view to pursuing a career in the airline and airport industry. It is particularly aimed at those wishing to qualify as commercial pilots. The BA (Hons) Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training degree reflects the changes inherent in the dynamic aviation industry and prepares students with the skills and knowledge required to work within the aviation field."

I think they're beating around the bush. If you can't get a job as a pilot, do something in the industry to bide your time is what I think they mean!. I'm not sure how well this will ACTUALLY work though, but that's life.

To break the course down, you spend the first year at university campus in High Wycombe... Doing assignments as well as training for your PPL (15hrs only). At the end of that year you buzz off to Florida for a month to complete your PPL. The next year is spent at Cabair's Bournemouth or Cranfield locations for your ATPLs for 6 months - pretty boring stuff. Then, once again you're shipped off to the US of A to hours build as so many do before returning to Wycombe Air Park or Bournemouth to gain your CPL. By this time it's two years after starting your course and you're going back to uni to do the serious work!
After that year, you do your IR and MCC in the summer with Cabair and voilą you've got a job! (Or so they say)

Back to the point of the thread... ummmm....likee....err.... I hope the economic situation gets better? Yeah. That'll do.