PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The IPA at bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2010, 21:53
Budar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSF- To be fair I think the backlash at BALPA within bmibaby is not because we think 'we pay our dues therefore our jobs should be secure' it is more because of the stance of the chairman and former chairman of the cc with regard to the selection of pilots for redundancy which if done in a similar process to the last 'matrix' ( against our contracts!) looks after themselves as far as any future redundandancies are concerned at the expense of pilots who had transfered from other parts of the bmi group, in many cases the transferees were actively encouraged by the chief pilot! (which I may add was when bmibaby had a huge need for experienced pilots to expand!)
Also though no less important the lack of input and feedback which the members of BALPA in bmibaby have had in the last couple of years!! I have now left BALPA after 12 years continuous membership and hope the IPA gains more members, I think a change can't do any worse and it may wake BALPA up a little at a national level although I doubt it!!!!

Last edited by Budar; 21st Mar 2010 at 22:16.