PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 21st Mar 2010, 08:30
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole sorry BASSA episode has been a slow motion train wreck. It was obvious how it would end.
Willie Walsh has been extremely patient and played it very well. Not that Bassa have given him much to beat. They are finished in my view.

In the offer to UNITE last week, BA stated that bargaining arrangements for New Fleet would be separate to existing staff (I remember reading this and being a little concerned.) This is why BASSA rejected the deal and Willie Walsh knew all along they would.
A very smart move by Willie Walsh.

Willie Walsh and Bill Francis will recognise crew who report for duty during the strike in a truly honourable way. They would have been humbled by the support of loyal staff. They are not going to waste that loyalty, something that cannot be bought.

This is why current staff who have not breached their contracts and stayed loyal may be offered the contract BA originally offered BASSA last week which BASSA refused. Wishful thinking on my part of course!

Willie Walsh will sort out the loyal staff quickly I hope, and deal with the strikers later. If I was a striker, I would be very, very worried.

My personal thoughts entirely, not those of BA!

Last edited by Tiramisu; 21st Mar 2010 at 11:44. Reason: Disclaimer added!