PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 20th Mar 2010, 17:08
winstonsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has been a MAD day today - mad as in absolutely great!

I reported for duty around 5 AM this morning and all of us in OPS were expecting to have an absolutely vile day ahead of ourselves - but it turned out that more crew than required for today's operation reported. I have to agree with TorC and Tiramisu - the atmosphere in CRC was really positive and great.

Many EF and WW flights departed with FULL crew completements.

Flight schedules have been increased because of the high turnout of crew reporting for duty - and it's not propaganda as suggested by some crew.

80% crew on strike as suggested by UNITE? Wishful thinking from their side - probably 80% not on strike and 20% on strike!

I also have to agree with Tiramisu on another issue - BF did say there will be CR but those reporting for duty will be recognised. I can't confirm if striking crew have been suspended but there is definitely a word out that they will not be allowed back to work until this dispute has been settled - until then they will not get paid - and their rosters will apparently be dealt with accordingly next week hence still showing future trips.