PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 20th Mar 2010, 16:11
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless of one's personal view on the industrial action, it's hard not to be immensely proud of the work being done by those who went to work today either as normally rostered crew or as a volunteer, and helped keep the company running with relative normality.

And it's hard not to be proud of the management effort in building a contingency plan that appears to have worked brilliantly. I watched a Viking 737 being loaded up this morning and it seemed absolutely seamless.
Eddy

you are proving to be something of a complete Gentleman with regards to your thoughts about those that disagree with your chosen path relating to strike or not. Im not BA and i think this action is ill advised and badly timed. I think there's only a handful of people striking who actually know why they are on strike. You obviously care about your employer and i hope you get to go back and put 100% effort in to whatever you are asked to do.

If WW is not distracted by the militant few, allegedly looking out for the best interests of the CC, (but in reality appear to be looking out for themselves) he can get on with turning the airline around, making it a better place to be employed, which surely is what everyone wants.

GW