PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with everyone?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2010, 13:55
JB007

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally agree, with mad_jock

WWW described wannabe's recently as a Wannabe Zombie Army. Its very fitting. A few of us on here post with experience, I myself started training in 2000 and when 9/11 collapsed the industry in 2001, I will never forget having to be honest and putting the 'brakes on' both my enthusiasm and my chosen future and returning to a day job that 18 months previous, had decided I was ready to move on from!

In 2010, I have been made redundant from a large UK airline - along with 120 other B757/B767 and B737 rated pilots, most of us with all types. I've been very lucky, I found employment very quickly and as a wake up to wannabes, i'm joining a UK airline that already has a hold pool of pilots that have passed the selection process, but who are inexperienced and untype-rated! They are all still in the hold-pool!

I wouldn't want to step on anyones dream but realism has to play a huge part, the training world in itself is a mine field and on these pages you have access to people such as myself and mad_jock who are doing the job on a daily basis and are more aware than the average wannabe and flight training organisation's commercial department what the scoop is. The fact is Scoot43, at the moment, you will hear the stark reality of what is going on and wannabe's don't like it!

I've proved it - there is no place in the present industry for zero experienced frozen ATPL holders (unless you want to pay even more...), but the Wannabe Zombie Army keep marching on...

JB