PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clothes to fly in?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2010, 09:21
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Clothes to fly in?

I am not talking about what to wear on an Airplane disaster movie but comfortable clothing that you can stow all your bits and pieces in and get at them in flight. Things like a newspaper, PDA, earphones, paperback etc.

Once you are in the queue at the gate you will have your hands full with passport, boarding card, paper, book, hand luggage, coat or jacket etc. Once in the aircraft you have to sort out again often with an incredibly small seat back pocket in which, at the end of the flight, you leave your glasses, medication, or whatever.

How about proper cargo pants? Not high-street fashion pants but strictly comfortable clothing for flying.

How about big patch pockets on the shins that can take your newspaper and paper back? How about patch pockets on the thighs that you get at from the knee end, not the hip end?

Hip pockets with secure zips as you will not be able to get at these once strapped in but your money can still fall out.

What would be your perfect clothing?