PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2002, 14:28
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hand Solo:

So here we go again: Surely you must realise by now that every time you stick your head above the parapet whilst blowing a trumpet someone is liable to take a pot shot?

Manchester was not a crash it was an on ground incident: My guess is that the relatives of those who perished saw it as rather more than an incident. You surely cannot be suggesting that provided you die before V1 it doesn't count? Certainly, I did not nor will I point any criticism in the direction of the operating crew.

Fact is we still haven't flown into any mountains for a long time: So what is so special about that claim? I can think of dozens of airlines who have never flown into mountains either. Certainly none of the ones that I have ever flown for have collided with a mountain. Are you really saying that you have to fly into a mountain before it can be called a crash? If so, what would you call the SAS MD80 collision with the German Citation at Linate?

C4 - only 2 pilots were found guilty: Perhaps that was 2 too many? You would have to admit that the publicity was not good.

Airbus: I did not say that I think an Airbus flies itself. I have already stated that I have no experience of the products of M Airbus. What I said was that those who do know tell me that once the Airbus philosophy is fully understood it is a piece of cake to fly.

SABENA pilots: I never said anything about SABENA pilots being lazy. Once again, I never worked for SABENA and could not possibly comment. I merely passed on a couple of comments made by their fellow countrymen.

BA pilots: I never said anything about BA pilots being lazy.

BA friends: Most of the ones who are in my age group retired from BA at age 55. Some of them are now flying with other operators. Sadly, one of my best mates (L1011 F/E) died yesterday so no doubt we shall be planting him next week.

The ones who are still flying with BA are the younger ones who have passed through my hands on their way to BA. Funnily enough, most of them went on to the 767 fleet.

747/Penta: I notice that you made no comment about how lucky that was. Would that have constituted a CFIT crash despite the Penta not being a mountain?

757/Athens: No comment on that either?

Water allowance: I had it in mind that this started with a bitch about the long haul water allowance being cut to 1.5 litres. I used to have to be careful about getting dehydrated but I don't think I could sink 1.5 litres of water between London and LAX.