PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 20th Mar 2010, 07:56
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All, whn I posted the link to the BAA website I guess (I didn't register it, though) that it only showed flights up until a certain point in the day because there are certainly FAR mroe there than there were earlier.

Interesting to see that a TLV and JFK this morning are showing as cancelled.... I assume there had been hope that these flights would go, otherwise tey wouldn't show up on the departures board.

Interesting emails on Sky News this morning, but a lot of misleading comments being made.

I'm fed up of hearing the pay scales being mentioned.

My basic salary, after almost 7 years of service, is just over £14k a year. The average wage in the UK is £25k. Remember that if I'm off ill or on holiday, I earn £14k. Virgin's starting salary is around that level, I believe, but their staff get cash-in-hand allowances so their take home is actually far higher than the press would like to make out - I'm quite certain VS crew take home some (or most) of the cash they're given (and remember that, unlike us who are paid into our pay packet, they won't be taxed on that cash )