PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 19th Mar 2010, 20:54
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlpineSkiier
Since anyone who struck on day one, is not likely to come in on other days (SH) and discover blocked card, is it not likely that anybody rostered in the initial three day strike will have to make their decisions without knowing what BA HR has decided about preceeding strikers ?
It's very, very likely indeed. And entirely fair.

People should strike because they WANT to strike and because they believe a strike is the best way of resolving our current problems.

There are crew who are saying to me that "I would strike, but I need my staff travel" and I couldn't respect them less!

If you believe strongly enough in a strike, you should down tools.

So if BA keeps secret it's plans for dealing with the strikers, people who want to strike will do so and will endure the consequences of that decision. If someone was planning on striking but, after hearing what came of their colleagues from day-one, decided not to do so, they'd deserve a bit of smack. But with the utmost respect.

I think BA is doing the right thing by keeping the consequences secret.

I have made my decision and I'm prepared to suffer the consequences of it. Nothing - but nothing - will make me change my mind at this late stage.