PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 19th Mar 2010, 20:54
beamer

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
I wonder if someone could explain to me what training the 'temporary cabin crew', being apparently used by BA, have actually undertaken. Knowing full well, the very extensive initial and recurrent training that cabin crew undertake in the airline for which I fly - major UK charter, one has to wonder how extensive the training has been for such personnel who may have had no previous experience in the role.

Without wishing to get too deeply drawn into the why's and wherefore's of the dispute itself, I do notice that comparisons are continually being drawn between terms and conditions between BA and Virgin. Those working in the wider UK sector with Thomas Cook, Thomson and Monarch would look at such contracts with envious eyes indeed not forgetting for a moment those in the 'low-cost' sector. If the perception that BA are on golden terms compared to the rest of the UK airline industry is factually incorrect, then Unite have not done much of a job communicating that fact.

Checking into a Caribbean hotel the other day at the same time as a BA crew it was readily apparent which crew had had the harder day out and it was'nt the boys in blazers !