PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unnecessary first officer...
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2010, 20:33
Flying Mech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unnecessary first officer

A lot of intresting theories on MOL's latest publicity rant but what nobody has mentioned so far are some cold economic facts,

1 - FR is only 1 airline allbeit far too large for most airline industry peoples liking-Hence imagine going back to Boeing or Airbus and asking for a single operator or unmanned flightdeck Aircraft, Think of the cost to develop this technology,develop it for a freighter,get the FAA & French DGAC to accept it,etc - min25 years

2 - what cost to insure this new type of A/C against hull loss & other pax & CC Liabilites due to " unforseen events"

3 - As I see it right now the only way you can get pax to fly on it with a Hostie as the most senior onboard in charge of all events is to offer free flights

This is just more media fools preaching unthought through MOL propaganda

4 - When the beancounters do the sums on this complete package there is no way it can stack up on paper . ever mind the real world.

Just my tuppence worth in this theoretical financially unviable nightmare as it is proposed. But if anyone else is better informed I challenge them to prove me wrong.

I think Hell will freeze over due to Inverse global warming side effects before this becoms a reality