PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 22:10
DutchStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ DCW

I do read the forum sort of once a week, but rarely post in here...
DCW, I just want you to know you arent the only one feeling that way. I am really anxious about the whole affair and honestly never thought I would be feeling this low, if someone had asked me 2-3 weeks ago.
I am a BASSA member aswell and, like yourself, dont agree with the strike and therefore voted no.
As the strike dates get closer, I have been anxious and really edgy! I have a flight on the 20th and intend to go to work, however I am finding it really frightening to walk into T5 and face up to the possible consequences from my pro-strike colleagues who might be lurking about.
Even though I agree with Openclimbs when he sais if we voted no we should resign from the union, I am admitedly being a coward for having not done it yet as I fear victimisation.
I suppose I am not being strong enough, but it`s the comments like on my last flight from the US back to LHR and the "threats" of what they would do to the strike-breakers once they get to know who they were that somehow scare me.
I do apologise for my badly structured text (and spelling!) but reading your post, DCW, I felt compelled to let you know some of us are really upset too - and I thought I`d get it off my chest as well.