PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:49
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomkins - If I say they may see the job as a bit more of a jolly, then I guess we are not far apart.

I wont contest your other points, generally agree with you old bean.

My point was really more along the lines of -cabin crew dont need this attention- Eddie's points regarding medical emergencies and the like (whilst not really part of this IA discussion in my view) ARE the sort of attention that CC (of all companies) benefit from, and dont often get.

All are guilty of this of course. I dont recall seeing Unite press releases about life saving crew other than during IA and whilst it may have been slightly tounge in cheek Eddie's advert regarding babies and hearts etc probably isnt such a daft idea. I'm sick of seeing airline cabins that I never get to fly in..!

If I risk straying into dangerous off topic areas: - I would suggest that consistency of service is BA’s issue. If I fly with certain carriers I know the service will be bad, others I know will be good. BA tends to be a lucky dip in my experience.

Edit to add: - I'm off to do some training now, interesting discussion today, thanks all.

Last edited by Snas; 18th Mar 2010 at 13:05.