PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:47
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've obviously never seen my payslip.
I don't need to; my point was rather different. Re-read my post - BA are not trying to chop your pay to easyJet levels; the argument about safety and responsibility is not relevant to the dispute and follows dangerous reasoning under which one could justify any figure - even £1m pa +.

What is so problematic about changing efficiency so that a single crew (flight and cabin) is required for - say - the government charters, instead of the 1 x flight crew and 3 x cabin crew - IF NOBODY LOSES THEIR JOB AS A RESULT (which they haven't so far anyway). What is problematic about ensuring that turnaround times designed for central area meals when aircraft had no galley to speak of are eliminated, allowing crew to go home earlier? Why is it an issue to ask an employee group to look outside of fortress Heathrow to see that competitors deliver the same service with the same responsibility more efficiently?

You have to keep BA going if you are to get anything out of NAPS, if you are a member of that fund!