PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:06
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eddy

So I'm not saying that we're better because we're better, I'm saying we're better because we've been doing it for longer, have done more SEP visits and have probably encountered these incidents more frequently because we've been flying longer.
Having worked in both the charter sector and for BA I have to disagree with this. I honestly believe that BA's SEP training while good is too "fluffy". I have seen some appalling group exercises where there was no honest debriefing and the minimum standard acceptable was way below that I saw working at several charter airlines.

BA crew are no better or no worse than their colleagues working elsewhere. They may be better qualified to provide a service - some being nurses or have second and third languages, but the standard is no better. So we disagree - but that is a matter of perception.

Perhaps you can answer a more factual question. Crew are terrified about loss of earnings - a gentleman claimed on the radio the other day that after consulting with his accountant he would be 30% worse off. If this is the case why is it that BASSA want crew to have a paycut so that CSD's can do less work?