PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:03
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doors to Manuel
Eddy,
I don't agree with everything you say, but please keep posting. It is refreshing to hear from someone who a) is genuinely BA CC b) is able to present a lucid, non emotive point of view. Hope there are more like you out there, regardless of which side of the picket line they will be on come Saturday.
Discussion is the only way to solve this.

This has screwed up my Easter holiday (ST), but I can live with that. Just don't screw up my pension!

Manuel
Hi DtM, thanks. Not sure I'll keep posting. Been a member here for ages but not posted in a while. Don't even know why I popped back.

I've always been realistic about the industrial situation at BA despite being an strong, supportive Bassa member. I've always looked at both sides of any argument and I've lost 'friends' because of it.

I think the reason I stopped posting here is because of the vitriolic nature of the posts that appear in any thread relating to BA cabin crew. People seem to forget that, regardless of how much more we earn than another airline's crew, we're human beings with feelings and we've all built lives based on what we earn now. To have those lives threatened as a result of sometimes unjustified cost cutting is as worrying as it is upsetting.

Yet people let personal feelings rule and post some truly horrible things. I don't like reading those things about my colleagues - or myself - regardless of whther I agree with my union's latest stance or not.