PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:47
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snas
That might be true with regards to out of the ordinary incidents,
Good job that's what we were talking about then, eh!

I'm far from certain it applies to simple good old fashoined delivery of service, when the opposite may well apply.
Hmmmm. I think you're right that length of service means nothing when it comes to how a service is delievered, but to make a sweeping statement that newer crew are better than older crew seems a touch unfair.

I would also suggest that cost and service are considered when booking a flight long before people consider what will happen to them if they have a heart attack..!
Very true, but people are taking into account one airline's ability to re-route or reorganise flights should problems arise and at that British Airways excel (perhaps because they're sooooo used to doing it! )

It would be interesting to see a BA telly advert based on that aspect though
I think an ad along the lines of "over the past five years, our crews have delivered 2 babies, saved the lives of eight people having heart attacks, dealt with 500 people feinting, 7 strokes and four serious allergic reactions : there's more to our crew than you might think" might be a good thing to put on TV.

- my ad text was shocking, but I don't work for Saatchi.