PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:35
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox3Maddog
At last some sense! I could not agree with you more. If I hear one more CC moaning and whingeing on the radio about "all the time spent away from home" and "loneliness downroute" im going to do my nut! What on earth do expect when you sign up for longhaul CC?!! For goodness sake, if you dont enjoy it - push off and make way for someone more enthusiastic who will make the most of the opportunites the job offers, instead of delsey-dining and living in a state of perpeptual misery. It would brighten up the workplace no end....
Agree entirely. And not afraid to say so under my real name.

Same goes for people with kids who feel the company owes them something because they have children and child care to arrange.

Back in "the day" women were sacked when they got married because this wasn't seen as a suitable job for someone with kids. Of course, the law changed and I'm happy about that because I love working with my colleagues who make us a very diverse group, but if you're going to have kids and still want to do this job, you shouldn't expect anyone to sacrifice anything or treat you any differently as a result.

Things like "I need to know [this] even though it's not normally advised because I have childcare to arrange".