PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:32
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Tugoh
Are you suggesting that these tasks would not have been done as well by the cabin crew at Virgin or EasyJet? Are you somehow better than them because you earn more money and have better terms and conditions? To imply that you are somehow superior to others because you earn more than they do actually tends to weaken your argument rather than strengthen it. It suggests that you think you are somehow superior and therefore deserve more than others who work for different companies doing the same job. Rather you are lucky to have got a job working for the company that pays the best with the best T&Cs.
Mate, yes. I never thought I would, but yes - I am saying that we're more capable.

British Airways, because of its better terms and conditions, has traditionally been a place for people who want a career flying.

You're going to be better at something when you've been doing it for 15 years than if you've been doing it for 2 years.

Of course there are some very senior people at Virgin, for example. People who have been flying for ten or fifteen years for that company. But we've not really seen figures relating to what they earn. I suspect they're earning a pretty penny but because they're in the absolute minority we don't really take them in to consideration.

So I'm not saying that we're better because we're better, I'm saying we're better because we've been doing it for longer, have done more SEP visits and have probably encountered these incidents more frequently because we've been flying longer.