PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:48
pvmw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pvmw
Quote:
on this forum and in the press since day 1 of this dispute. Everything I read tells me that the CC are in the wrong
You don't appear to have considered that you are only reading ONE side of the debate
I'm not taking my stance just from what is posted on this forum, although some of the pro-strike posters on here have argued their case (I do not include WaterSideWonker in that) and I have read and heard what they say.

I understand that change is required, and I understand that it makes people uneasy, but I have watched the nauseating BASSA press releases, their disgraceful behavior both on their website and in the demonstrable falsehoods thay have peddled in the media and I have concluded that theirs is not a fight in support of the CC but an internal power struggle within a corrupt and self-serving union.

I have also read the statements and press releases of BA, the press releases of the PCCC (and please don't insult my intellignce by repeating the BASSA lie that the whole thing is a stooge of BA) and I have concluded that their statements are more credible than those of the opposition.

If my future livelihood depended on believing and trusting the management of BA or the leadership of BASSA I would have absolutely no difficulty in making my choice. I also happen to believe that good, and I stress GOOD, worker representation is necessary for the well-being of the workforce, so I would be doing my upmost to support the PCCC, who I think actually have the needs of their members at heart - something that is very obviously not the case with BASSA / Unite whose agenda is very different.