PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:32
demomonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety Concerns wrote:
and that applies to everyone posting here who are demanding cc cancel the strike until its their turn
Safety, I guess from the tone of your post that we're both colleagues working for the same outfit. The volume and veracity of objections on this forum to the BASSA strike is not because of the reason for the strike (the real reason, not the stated reason) but because of the way in which BASSA has handled itself. Change is inevitable for this company not because of WW who BASSA have vilified so much but because of people like MOL, SHI et al.

The reason so many of us other colleague (inc CC) are exasperated by BASSA's actions is that they have been intransigent to reasoned discussion and change of any kind for an extended period of time (BASSA attitude: the answer is NO what's the question) where as every other group within BA has at least listened to what the company had to say even if it was unpalatable.

BASSA had a very strong mandate from its members and could have NEGOTIATED a very comfortable and mutually agreeable compromise whereby flexibility was offered in exchange for long term guarantees on net salary/allowances. But no, they SQUANDERED their position, burnt their bridges to the point where even the TUC became disturbed at the internal power struggles between factions - the TUC!

I love working with my CC colleagues, they're fun, professional, well trained and committed to the people who pay our salaries (passengers). However like many others in the company I think they could work more flexibly (to no financial loss) and not be starved out of the company. Yet BASSA has seriously misguided them, misinformed them and is about to seriously let them down because some jet-lagged loon from LA has a personality problem.

the postings once this is over will be more interesting than now. Perhaps after the event regardless of the outcome the real facts may come to light.
I'm surprised that even now at this late hour you are not questioning why NO other colleague group see's the situation as you do. Not inside the company, not outside, not in the judiciary, not in the press, not in foreign unions.

BASSA is letting you down and deserves to lose your support. CC deserve better. BASSA: Belligerent, Antagonistic, Soon (to be) Swept Away.